Legacy Ranch

  • Embed HTML Video

 

DESCRIPTION: 

For the first time, one of the premier ranches in north Gonzales County is being offered for sale. The Legacy Ranch is a 165.36 acre improved sandy loam ranch, used for raising cattle, horses, family living, and recreation. The ranch has ¾ of a mile frontage on scenic State Highway 304 and features an automatic gate entrance.  The ranch is approximately  4 miles north of IH-10 and is ideally located near several towns and cities, making commuting easy if one desires.

Acreage ranches like this cattle ranch are becoming harder to find, especially with few visible neighbors. The cross-fenced Legacy Ranch is stunningly manicured and is a picturesque piece of property, currently ag exempt with electricity on site, and 3 water wells providing good, clean water. The ranch is cross-fenced with six separate pastures and includes covered working cattle pens, complete with squeeze chute and scale. There is livestock water in all pastures, distributed by either troughs or ponds. The ranch is currently used as a commercial and registered Angus cattle ranch. The Legacy Ranch is perfect as it is, or it can be a canvas for anyone looking to create additional equine, livestock, or farming opportunities for their own style of ranching, country retreat, and enjoyment. 

 

LOCATION:

The Legacy Ranch has great access from SH 304, but it also has a handy 872 +/- ft of CR 441 road frontage on its backside. The ranch is conveniently located approximately: 15.4 miles north from Gonzales, TX; 16.6 miles east from Luling; 34.4 miles south from Bastrop; 28.4 miles east of Lockhart; 53.6 miles from Austin-Bergstrom International Airport; a one-hour commute to downtown Austin, or a 1.25 hour commute to San Antonio, TX. 

 

TERRAIN:

The ranch is mostly rolling pasture, with 70% improved pastures of Coastal Bermuda and Tifton 85. The remaining 30% is native pasture for wildlife.

 

IMPROVEMENTS:

The ranch house is a charming 3,648 sq ft Austin rock home built in 2009 with 4 bedrooms/ 4 baths and a bonus room, built on a lovely oak tree setting and a large carpet grass yard, with beautiful, unobstructed views from the house overlooking the pastures. The house has its own water well with soft water equipment, sprinkler system, hot tub and propane gas connection, but it also has access to county water, if desired. The home has high-speed cable access, house security, and a fire alarm system, all via GVTC, and is ideal for remote office and working needs. 

 

An attractive 2,200 sq ft Morton metal barn is within a short, well-lit walk from the house equipped with open storage, workroom, tack room, horse stall, horse stock, counters with 2 sinks, and outdoor horse wash rack. The ranch property also includes 3 stock tanks (one stocked with Florida bass/ with pier), deer hunting areas, hilltop views, six cross-fenced improved native, coastal, and Tifton 85 pastures with 60 acres of irrigation abilities, hay storage, working cattle pens/ scale with shed roof, and a terrain of mature oak trees and hardwoods scattered throughout, all with no rocks!

 

 

WATER:

The ranch has abundant water and sits over several aquifers, mainly the Carrizo, Queen City, and Reklaw Aquifers. There are three ponds and  three water wells on the ranch; two Carrizo Aquifer wells and one Reklaw Aquifer well. One well is used for the house, with a new pump installed in 2016, one is used for the pens/pasture and had a new pump installed in 2023, and one of the Carrizo wells currently fills all three stock tanks and is used for irrigation of approximately 60 acres, with a Kifco irrigation system that will convey with the ranch. In addition to the wells, there is county water available off Hwy 304 and CR 441. 

 

WILDLIFE: 

The ranch is habitat to an array of native flora and wildlife including Whitetail deer, turkey, dove, and songbirds. The stock tanks scattered throughout the ranch are home to largemouth bass and perch, and waterfowl in the winter months. 
 

MINERALS:

A % of the minerals will be conveyed with surface rights to the buyer. 

Map Location

Hi there! How can we help you?

Contact us using the form below or give us a call.

Send Us A Message:

Do not fill in this field:

Hi there! How can we help you?

Contact us using the form below or give us a call.

Send Us A Message:

Do not fill in this field:

Hi there! How can we help you?

Contact us using the form below or give us a call.

Send Us A Message:

Do not fill in this field:

Do not fill in this field:

Do not fill in this field:

Do not fill in this field:

$

Do not fill in this field: